Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bad Laws be Damned

Letter to the editor of Ammoland

You want me to be a criminal? Then keep right on passing laws that:
  • Ban the standard size magazine, that came with my legally purchased gun.
  • Ban my Ar15 rifle because it has a pistol grip.
  • Make me run a background check on my son or daughter before I gift them a gun that has been in my family since the civil war.
  • Make me pay a tax to get a permit to buy a hand gun.
  • Pass multiple background checks to buy one shotgun.
  • Ban my black powder rifle because it is 50 caliber sniper rifle.
I repeat FUCK YOU, I have had enough. I it would be easier for me to be a criminal, at least I will not be complicit in your work to tear down the documents that my grandfathers gave their lives to protect.

I would rather buy my guns on the black market. I will never turn in my magazines or guns or ammo and “comply”. Since anyone of these acts would make me a felon.
I will not only be an undocumented gun owner, I will be the worst undocumented gun owner that you can imagine.

11 comments:

  1. What is needed is laws that allow LEOs to ask for the background check paperwork at any opportunity. No paper, no gun, you're a felon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. It should always be incumbent upon citizens to prove their innocence. LEOs should be empowered to ask for the appropriate paperwork for the exercise of any and all civil liberties at any opportunity, without the necessity of that pesky probable cause. While we're at it, let's dispense with all forms of due process.

      Delete
    2. "Papers, please"

      Where have I heard that before?

      Delete
  2. “The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

    Remember that, mike.

    orlin sellers

    ReplyDelete
  3. More and more people are taking on this writer's idea. Keep pushing unjust laws, Mikeb. The result will be millions of gun owners who decide that it's better not to comply with the law. Don't you think that the best approach would be the one that doesn't push us to make that decision? Once people who otherwise follow the law are driven by the stupidity of legislators into violation, the rest of the legal system becomes something that they're willing to question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. The seat belt law made criminals out of millions who refused to comply. It wasn't their fault.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reminding me I'm a criminal because I refuse to 'buckle up'.

      orlin sellers

      Delete
    3. Mike, people who are caught not wearing their seatbelts are written a ticket, not hauled off to jail.

      Delete
    4. 1. Seatbelt violations are a civil offense, not a crime.

      2. Requring the wearing of a seatbelt is yet another example of government overreach.

      Delete