Wednesday, March 19, 2014

On TTAG It's Unanimous: You Need to Home Carry…Even In the Shower


TTAG provided a wonderful post in which a gun enthusiast/expert demolished all the objections to home carry - even in the shower.

2. I don’t like to feel like I’m being overly paranoid.
My view: Preparedness is not to be confused with paranoia. Paranoia is based on fear; preparedness is based on avoiding and mitigating negative outcomes.

Charles5 says:
My wife and I don’t carry IN the shower per se, but we do have a cabinet directly next to the shower and on top of the cabinet (about 6.5 ft tall) we keep a Stainless Smith and Wesson 686 Plus, loaded with .38 Special +P. It isn’t visible from the door because it sits below a three inch high molding around the top of the cabinet. I cut a gap in the side facing the shower so we don’t have to reach up and over the molding and it takes a nano second to reach up and grab it. I keep it rubbed down with oil every few weeks and I haven’t had any trouble with rust forming. We also have the alarm panel in our bedroom near the bathroom door. Whenever we are home we have the doors locked and the alarm set for home. If my wife was in the shower and anyone broke in, she would hear the beeping even before the alarm sounded after the 30 second wait for entry. I have also trained her to lock the bedroom door when she is taking a shower. Now, we don’t have any kids yet, so some of this will have to be modified for children, but I think it works well for now.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how gun control advocates argue for being unprepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she don't make me nervous, she don't talk too much;
    She walks like Bo Diddley and she don't need no crutch!
    She keeps this .410 all loaded up with lead;
    Well, if I fall down dyin', you know she's bound to put a blanket on my bed!


    "From a Buick 6" Bob Dylan

    That's pretty funny. Dewd sounds fairly well obsessed. Good wife training. I can sometimes coax certain behaviors from my wife, but so far she seems to be quite resistant to training!

    ReplyDelete